Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Corn Beef and Cabbage-One of Demon Cats Favorites

Corn Beef and Cabbage

He is mad because I went shopping today, I cant take him with me.

For this you need
A Head of Cabbage
I use 2 cans of Corn Beef
Sick of butter
Some salt and pepper if you want




Wash the cabbage, cut it up put it in a pot of water and start to boil. Boil it until it is soft BUT dont cook it to long OR you will have sauerkraut. Different dinner!




The fun of making this dish is getting the cans of corn beef OPEN. I always feel like I have been in a war after I get them open. BE CAREFUL the edges are sharp. After I finally get them open, I use a knife to loosen it from the edges, then bang it upside down on the counter and usually they will come out.





Now we have his attention! He loves corn beef but hates it fried!
He has to keep an eye on me to make sure I dont put it in the frying pan after I cut it up.
He is now waiting at his bowl because he has been good while I am fixing the food so he wants HIS corn beef.
It is delivered!
The rest of the Corn Beef goes in the frying pan, cook it as much as you want.
After the Cabbage is boiled, drain it, put butter in the bottom of the pan, it will melt fine, replace the cabbage, put in the corn beef, stir!



Now it is time for US to eat. Yummy!














No comments:

Post a Comment