Sunday, April 21, 2013

Colorado Style Beef Enchiladas! DONT DO IT MY WAY!

Wednesday night was leftover night!

Thursday we had Breakfast for Dinner. Everyone seems to love that meal.

Biscuits from the can- I HATE these! Love to eat them but getting them open causes panic for the CAT and I both.
Bacon- The Cat was waiting every minute
Gravy- from scratch!
Eggs- if you want them, you cook them- is my theory at the moment.
He is pretending to be a sweet cat. He loves his Daddy.


Now to the new meal! 
Going to try...  where did that CAT move my cookbook????
OK found it.  This is from a great cook book.
Don't Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer: Great-Tasting Meals You Can Make Ahead

It is on page 127 if you have the book. I love this book because it gives you all the information on how to make freezer meals. I am making it for 3 meals, so I hope it is good. Keep in mind there are many modifications that are mine in this- so it is not exactly the same as in the book!

Colorado Style Beef Enchiladas
3 3/4 lbs of hamburger
3 onions cut up- I used my food processor that I found!!
1 pack of taco seasoning
3 small cans of mild green chilies, chopped
3 oz jars of green chili salsa
1 cup of water
36 corn tortillas
3 lbs of shredded cheese  

Sauce-
3- 15 oz cans red enchilada sauce
3- 15 oz cans green enchilada sauce
1 Cup Sour Cream
9 T of Milk

I try to make cooking as easy as I can so before left to do all my running around, I threw the hamburger, onions into the crock pot to brown and cook. It really is an easy way to brown hamburger meat. I also use crock pot liners that make my life  so easy. The best place I have found to get them is amazon- you can check them out here if you want.
PanSaver EZ Clean Multi Use Cooking Bags and Slow Cooker Liners


I use a tool to break up the hamburger, you can see it in the picture. It is worth its weight in gold. Everyone should have one. You can check on out here.
The Pampered Chef Mix N Chop #2583

Ok we are going to stop here...  If you want to try these...  get the book and follow the directions in the book.
Mine where edible and good in a different sort of way. I did something wrong and ended up with about 50 times more sauce then I needed and the enchiladas where more like a Dip then a Enchilada!


Hey have the fun of cooking is trying new things, we wont let Wes know there is one out in the freezer to eat! I'll surprise him! 

Saturday was make it yourself day! Rhi and I went with a sandwich.






No comments:

Post a Comment