Monday, April 15, 2013

Back to the store again! Rose Buds- What is this???

I hate food shopping. I really really hate it! I do. I am going more often because I seem to change my mind on what I want to cook for the week. I am going to try Mondays and Wednesday or Thursday. This way there will also be less to carry in. This may change after school gets out and I dont have to leave the house every day.
I am scared that I only spent 67 dollars today but I got everything on my list.

The CAT likes rice. Who knew??  He was so interested in what I was eating for lunch. The leftover Chicken Terr. that I fixed him a little bowl. He loved it.

What did I cook today, you ask?  I call them Rose Buds. I dont know why I call them that, it is a family thing I guess. That is what my Mama called them so that is what I call them. What are they?

Hamburger patties- for how every many you want to make. Dont use the supper lean ones.
Carrots- I use the baby ones because I am lazy and dont want to peel them.
Potatoes- for how ever many hamburger patties you make, I have to peel these and this makes me sad


Tear off some tinfoil you are going to make packs... I do it this way because it is easier to wrap them. I use a small baking pan so I can stack everything.


Put on the hamburger patty, salt and pepper if you want.

Put the cut up potatoes on top of that, salt, pepper and butter if you want.

Put carrots on the top after that!

Tear off another piece of tinfoil put on the top and crimp the edges so it is all sealed up nice and tight.

Toss on to a cookie sheet and cook at 350 for about 1 hour.


BE CAREFUL when opening up the package because there will be steam and sometimes oil or butter that will come out. It is not fun if it gets you!

The finished dinner 






The verdict-
Wes, his first question was what is this? I thought he was talking about the food, he was talking about the plate! I use paper plates and I guess he hadnt seen a real plate for a while. His next next reaction was- are there two hamburger patties in here? Turns out it was plenty to fill him up!

Rhi- She liked it! She even ate some of the hamburger. She was happy that I remembered Not to put pepper on hers.

Me- It was great, a little more work then I like to do, but it was really good so worth it. 

The CAT- He doesnt care, he had his rice today.



No comments:

Post a Comment